Apply for Residency
Before applying, please read the following information and tips from us here.
Familiarise yourself with the following facts:
- Deadline: Saturday, 1 May 2021 – 11:59 p.m. (CET);
- 1646 is not focused on an end result;
- 1646 aims to provide a space for research/work/reflection;
- The residency period is up to 2 months. You may indicate your preferred period but the exact dates will be determined by 1646 in consultation with you;
- Duos or collectives can apply with one project proposal. If selected, they will share one studio, accommodation, artist fee and material budget;
- The outcome of the selection procedure will be communicated no later than the 1st of July, 2021.
- The participant is expected to stay at the 1646 accommodation in The Hague.
- The application should be completed in English.
Please prepare your application with the following documents:
- A project proposal: describing your project/research (max. 1 A4 or 500 words, text only);
- Portfolio (max. 30 pages, max 50mb);
Your application should be uploaded as one single PDF file. (max. 50MB)
For large files (like videos), please insert a link to the source where the file can be viewed and include passwords.
Keep the following documentation tips in mind:
- Place your work in horizontal pages (unless the original work is vertical) as most of the applications are initially viewed on a horizontal screen (laptop);
- Make sure you put only one or two works per page (combining too many works makes the page illegible);
- Insert title, material, size, and year of the work next to or under the image on the same page. You may also include a short description of the work.
- Double-check your links in the final PDF before submission it. If links do not work, 1646 cannot review your application correctly and properly. The links should be active for at least two months after the deadline has passed.
For more information about the application procedure, please contact email@example.com
Good luck and we’re looking forward to reading your proposal!
Applicants may apply between April 1st to May 1st 2021